Dropbox is one of the best Cloud service and many of us are using it these days to keep our data safe. Now you can also backup your WordPress blog files and database easily on your Dropbox account. For all this you need a WordPress blog, WordPress plugin and a dropbox account. If you don’t have a Dropbox account you can sign up for one at here
wpTimeMachine is one of the best WordPress plugin which helps you to backup your entire WordPress blog to your Dropbox account. Yes the entire WordPress blog, it will take the backup of all your WordPress files, themes, plug-ins, images and database also. You can also use this WordPress plugin to backup your blog to your Amazon S3 Services or another FTP server. So below is the tutorial which helps you to take the complete backup of your WordPress blog on the cloud.
How to Backup Your WordPress Blog to the Cloud
1. Download and Activate ‘wp Time Machine’ plugin in your WordPress blog.
2. Now go to the Setting page of your WordPress Dashboard and click the wp Time Machine Setting to configure the WordPress plugin.
3. Now enter the details of your Dropbox login info and password with the directory name, where you want to save your Backup files.
4. After filling all your details hit the Generate wp Time Machine archive button, to start the backup process. Please wait while your files & data are being archived.
5. Now within a minutes your backup is completed and you will receive a notification on your WordPress windows that “Your archives have been completed.”
6. Thats it! Now its time check your Dropbox account to see the backup files. Here is the screenshot of our dropbox account.
7. Now you can see your Backup folder on your Dropbox Account. Now open the folder and you can see all your WordPress blog files there. See the screenshot below:-
Also Check out our Video tutorial below to Backup Your Wodpress Database, Files to Dropbox
Wp Time machine is one of the awesome wordpress plugin to take the full backup of your wordpress blog on your Dropbox account. Do try this plugin on your wordpress blog to take the backups easily and store them in the cloud.